For the past few years Costco has been stepping up in the organic, vegan department. The other day my husband brought home two items that screamed out TRAVEL FRIENDLY and HEALTHY (ok three, bargain).
- Orgain Organic Protein Powder – 2.74 lbs of chocolate goodness for $29.99. Compared to other vegan powders that’s a steal. Here are some things that caught my eye and why:
- 21 Grams of Protein – enough to keep me full!
- 5 Grams of Organic Fiber – keeping everything ‘regular’ on the road can sometimes be difficult for people; fiber is a good way to counteract that. I won’t say more.
- Plant Based Protein Source – plant based protein is easier and quicker to digest; some people feel bloated after whey so this is a better alternative!
- 1g of sugar – I’ve been keeping an eye on how much sugar I have on a daily basis. It’s incredible how sneaky it is. Protein powder with low sugar is one way to avoid a sugar-packed meal
- Flavor & Consistency – the chocolate flavor doesn’t have a chalky, cardboard, bitter taste or consistency like some other protein powders
- Better Body Foods PBFit Powder – 30 oz $11.99. Now, I’m not the biggest fan of PB. I’m actually surprised my husband bought it. BUT I know I’m in the 1% and the rest of the 99% is obsessed with it. So this for you, all.
- Grown right – without synthetic fertilizers in high-quality, properly maintained soil
- 6 Grams of Protein – even more to keep me full!
- 90% Less Fat – full disclosure, I’m on the ‘fats are good’ bandwagon but some people might find this attractive for their own health goals, so I’m adding it here.
I didn’t include specific almond milk brands in the video below but places like Hudson News, Cibo Market and other airport markets have small containers of almond milk or organic cows milk. You can also buy it on location, at the hotel convenience stores or Starbucks.